Wednesday 9 May 2018

The Work Wear Memorandum

Hi guys ,

So happy to be writing a blog again! I hope all of you have been keeping up with my Instagram and following what I have been upto !

The other night , i opened my blog to see how are the posts aligned on my blog and what hit me was that I barely post nowadays! And, hence , I bring forward to you today's post !


Working in retail and movies, I meet plenty of women who have zero know-hows on how to dress up for specific occassions and most importantly - "WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK?? "
See , to be very honest , we all get away with wearing a dress or a nice top and jeans or a party , but work is somewhere where you make an impact with your outfit as soon as you wak inside the room . For me , wherever i work or whatever i do, I want to reach the top and hence I might as well dress up like that !
Also, the fact that a well dressed woman in an office can intimidate the men in power , I LOVE THAT FACT!

What does work wear mean?
For most women, it is wearing a shirt and a formal pair of trousers/skirt , and a tiny heel , hair all tied up and You are on your way to office !
Things have changed , so has Work-Wear ! Here , I am not asking you to wear something drastically different cause you are not in a fashion show of course, but adding fun to your work wear is always a good idea!!
Almost every women that i meet, are obsessed with the idea of wearing a Classic White Shirt to work, and they simply can't go beyond that! Neither can I , but think of wearing the same but in a form of a dress ??

A classic summer SHIRT-DRESS is a must- have for me and this beauty from Zara looked like a fit to my work-wear wardrobe! Also, Shirt-dresses are for everyone to wear , no matter what shape/size you are !!!











1. The Smart Secretary



























































2.THE BOSS BABE

The power suit is back and bigger than ever , and well I wish I worked somewhere where i had to wear a suit everyday (yes, I am hinting at Wall - Street) 🀣 . To me , Pant suits are the only piece which can make you stand out  in a room where you are expected to just walk-in, but there you are - MAKING A STATEMENT!

Wear a structured, or flowy one , Pant-suits make you look Beautiful, Powerful , Empowering and unbelievably SEXY!!!


If you ask me what kind of pant-suits are in ? I can't really pinpoint one . Basically everything is in with the biggest emphasis on fantastic fit. However, there are some pantsuits styles that are oversized and hobo-smart. If that’s your thing by all means, do it.
Nevertheless, if you want to keep it polished, smart and office appropriate go for a fab tailored pantsuit in either black, white, or nude,or opt for any solid color!! Pastels are still in and pink or powder blue look amazing on pantsuits.


My look here is slightly more apt for a cocktail( blame the bra-top) , but gosh look at that color and that pant suit ! 😍😍























3. The Glamorous  Chic

I have always been a fan of Jessica and Rachel Zane from Suits and every time I used to watch the series , I would imagine myself to be in that setup ! Sadly , India is not how they work😭

But , Rachel Zane(Meghan Markle) has always inspired me in terms of her dressing !! Her wardrobe is fabulously chic and very distinctive. Her style aesthetic is so gorgeous and professional, it makes me wear clothes like her everyday !

Looking at her , she mostly wears nudes, whites , blues and other neutral colors but here I opted for a Yellow printed top with a fitted pencil skirt ! A high-waisted , curve hugging , knee length pencil skirt is a must-have in your wardrobe and I can possibly never stress enough on the importance of it !!!

When I thought of this look, I kept in mind the utility of an outfit that takes you from Day To Night , for me even the morning after πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ














For each of my look , I have kept the hair different too ! You shouldn't just tie your hair to work , you can get a good Blow-Dry done , or probably cut your hair into a Bob (oh-so-chic) or twist and let the other half of your hair open !!
With your outfits , your hair doesn't need to be boring, play around with it ! Talking about Jewellery, minimalism is the key! I would just suggest let your outfit do the talking ;)

On that note , signing off for today! Hope you guys enjoyed reading the post , would love your suggestions on them!
Let me know how do you like your work wear!?!

Stay tuned !

Until next time ❤️

2 comments:

  1. Dressing is a form of expression, we always wanted to look great even in our workplace, love your post. The pictures you shared was stunning.
    Thank you
    Visit workwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,this is wonderful,I agree with this blogging,

    ReplyDelete